Sunday, May 15, 2011

Bonsai Sighting

A friend and I meet up one weekend to try out some mineral make-up. I had recommended a brand to her and she wanted to try it out. She's still trying it out for now, so I'll post more on that as soon as I have updates from her.


What I want to show are the bonsais we saw at SM North EDSA. We went there for some snacks after buying some MMU (mineral make-up) and when we got there, all these bonsais were on display.

Apparently, a contest had been held as some of them already had ribbons for the winners and special awards. Of course, I couldn't help myself from taking pictures of the cute little things.  Some even looked like miniature forests.





I love a lot of things Japanese (most of their stuff are cute) and these definitely make it to my list. Although, I don't think I'd have the patience to grow these kind of plants, especially since I don't have a green thumb like my grandmother does. So the guys who took care of these little ones are definitely admirable for their devotion to their work. I guess this just goes to show how dedicated the Japanese people can be and they show it again in the way they responded to the disaster that recently hit them. Admirable indeed.

P.S. I wonder if they use these plants in movies where they need exotic looking trees, like the Ents in Lord of the Rings for example. It would be less expensive to use these miniatures than to film actual, towering trees don't you think? Or are they too delicate and expensive to be used  for other things except for show?


No comments:

Post a Comment