Monday, September 5, 2011

Mini Pizza from Left Over Ingredients

I can't believe I haven't written anything here for more than a month. Just shows how busy I am with other stuff right now. Stuff that I will be posting here as soon as my schedule clears up a little. In the mean time, here's a little something I whipped up from left overs from a previous meal.


Sunday it was and at noon I found myself all hungry and feeling lazy. So I went through the food stuffs and saw some left overs. Hunger lighted a spark of creativity in me I guess, because I came up with this little treat.

All you need for a hearty and fast snack is bread (any kind will do), some tomato sauce, cheese and basil. If you have other toppings like mushrooms, ham or pepperoni or even veggies, you can use them too.

Just spread the tomato sauce unto the bread, put on the toppings you have and then sprinkle with cheese. You can sprinkle a little bit of olive oil too for a little bit more taste. In a preheated pan, toast the whole bread until the cheese starts to melt.

I used a non-stick pan for this but if you're using a regular one, you can spray the pan with a little oil or spread some butter on it before you toast the bread.

Afterwards, this is what you get is yummy!

Be sure to let it cool for a little bit before you take a bite or you won't be able to taste the rest of it.

This is best served with a cold drink. In my case, I was too lazy to whip up anything in particular so I went with what was in the fridge. It just so happens to be a cartoon of milk which tasted quite well with this mini pizza treat. The combination also sounds kinda' healthy so I enjoyed this snack even more.


No comments:

Post a Comment