Friday, September 12, 2014

Workout of the Month: Cardio Ballet Workout

We all want to feel good. Feeling good also usually means you like what you see in the mirror. That's why I've been experimenting with different exercise routines. I'll be trying out different ones every month.

Source: ClubFitnessLC

Since I'm liking the results of my experiments so far, I am sharing with you guys my favorite workout routines. Now, I'm no fitness expert but I am passionate about keeping myself healthy so hopefully my experiments also benefit you.

The first workout routine I'll share with you is the Barre: Cardio Ballet workout from YouTube of course.


First, a background on what I look for in a workout and what I've tried.

Workout Wants

I had specific things in mind that I was looking for in a workout while I scoured YouTube for the perfect one.
  • Give me long, lean muscles because I don't want to look bulky.
  • Works out the whole body.
  • Improves flexibility (a bonus).
  • Can be done in a small space, standing up (at least most of the time).
  • No equipment needed, except dumbbells which are not hard to find and quite cheap.
  • Not too strenous to the joints (no jumping or too much running, etc.) 
  • Takes only a short time to do.

What I've Tried

I have tried out 10 minute workouts and loved them but I feel like I want more afterwards. I end up doing 3 10-minute workouts, switching to another one after the first to target another part of the body so I can feel satisfied.

I like workouts that last from 45 minutes to an hour because I'm not quite satisfied until I really feel that I've sweated enough. But I sometimes don't have that much time. So I've decided that 30 minutes is just enough time to make me sweat and give me that feeling of actually working out.

What I Love

As you can see from my list of what I was looking for in a workout, this workout fits the bill just right. You really feel the burn as you go along the routine too and you feel it the next day as well. I don't love pain but when I feel the aches the next day; it makes me want to work out more.

Plus, I had always wanted to try a barre workout but going to an actual class is quite expensive and inconvenient for me because there's no barre studio near my area.

I would recommend this workout to those who just want to tone their whole body but it will also work for those who want to lose weight because this really makes you sweat, which is what I love in a workout. What I love about this the most is that it also stretches my muscles as I work out so I'm not only getting stronger but I'm improving my flexibility as well.

I still can't reach my toes without bending my knees though but I'm getting there. :-)

1 comment:

  1. thanks for share this fantastic information . . .
    i like your work out , , , , ,
    very informative lines . . .




    Ballet business | \A\Rachel Withers

    ReplyDelete