Friday, October 26, 2012

Pizza Morning

On a lazy Thursday morning, I was craving for pizza. We have a pizza shop near our place but it was raining and I didn't want to go out in the cold. So I decided to make pizza my own at home but the easy way - without the dough.


Luckily, we had some Gardenia bread, some tomatoes and cheese. I also bought parsley from my last grocery trip so I had something green to top my pizza off.

So I arranged my bread on a platter, about six slices, sliced my tomatoes and arranged them on the bread. I grated some cheddar cheese on top of the tomatoes and roughly chopped some parsley and sprinkled it on top too. Then into the oven for about 10 minutes at 150 degrees Celsius.

Pretty soon, the smell of the warm cheese and bread filled the room. My grandmother told me to check the oven because my bread might burn. I have burned my toast several times already and so she reminded me to check and not count on my timer and she was right. I initially set the oven timer to 15 minutes but took out my mini pizzas after 10 minutes and it was perfectly cooked!

The cheese was melted just right and the tomatoes and parsley were not wilted too much. The bread was just crispy and brown at the edges not burnt. Thanks to grandma, we didn't lose our breakfast. Yey! I'm glad I made six of these because I enjoyed my seconds and thirds.


It was an unusual breakfast for me and grandma but at least it was healthy and delicious. The warm mini pizza had all the textures we love. The bread with the crispy edges with a firm and chewy center and the gooey cheese. The sweetness of the tomatoes and the hint of parsley.

I love making sandwiches but mini pizzas are the easiest things to make for breakfast. I know I made one of these before but so far, this version is the tastiest one I've tried. I'm sure to try out other toppings next time and maybe use tortilla wraps for the crust. Can't wait to try that one.


No comments:

Post a Comment