Friday, August 7, 2020

Vegan Froyo from Mahalo Acai

Being stuck indoors has given me a lot of time to reorganize my home and even my files. This unearthed a lot of files, especially pictures, that bring back memories. One such memory is my trip to Mahalo Acai with a friend.

Facade of Mahalo Acai
Facade of Mahalo Acai


We took a walk and visited the place to get a taste of their vegan froyo. Our little exercise made enjoying their treats even more worthwhile - it felt like a reward!

The walk to the cafe is a visual treat itself as the area is one of the busiest night places in Makati. The quaint store facade of Mahalo Acai is also refreshing to the eyes. At first look, it gives off a warm, cozy vibe which is just the mood you want in a cafe. But then you go inside and you will find the place quite cool and so are their products. Of course, their products are cool since they offer froyos but they are cool for another reason - they contain the superfood acai.

Strawberry and Mango Froyo
Our froyos topped with strawberry and mango with some nuts and chocolate drizzle.

Their froyo is made from almond milk infused with acai berries which gives it a pretty, pale pink color. Acai berries are packed with antioxidants which help boost the immune system and can protect the body against diabetes, heart disease and cancer cells. It also has fiber and fatty acids that help enhance metabolism, burn fat efficiently and even minimize cravings. This cold and sweet dessert won't ruin your health goals!

You can choose from a range of toppings which include fresh fruits, cereals and even crushed cookies. They also have a range of drizzles to choose from to complement your toppings. The servings are quite big too for Php220 each. Here's another view of these treats.

Vegan Froyo with Acai Berry
Vegan Froyo with Acai Berry

I would love to go back to their cafe and try out other toppings and sauce combinations. They are closed at the moment due to the quarantine but I hope this is just temporary. I hope the same goes for the other restos in the area.

This is one of the delicious memories that I discovered during my decluttering. I will be sharing other stuff that I am sure I will discover as this quarantine goes on. Hopefully, we can enjoy more treats like this when this is all over. In the meantime, I will be checking up on Mahalo Acai once it's ok to dine out with friends again.



Mahalo Acai
Mahalo Acai PH
5663 Don Pedro St., Poblacion, Makati City, 1209
0915.769.5269



No comments:

Post a Comment